Thursday, February 2, 2017

hello February!


This is arguably my favorite month of the year. Not only because it contains my birthday, mind you! I love valentines day, I love the weather, I love the fact that it's short, I love February!

So as I welcome my favorite month I wanted to take a moment to glance back at January and where I am with my goals. As I mentioned in my New Year's post, I will not be tackling a year at a time. I will be taking each month and setting goals for that month. Over time it may produce a very futuristic plan forming that I will need to accomplish things monthly. For now, I'm learning to to surrender my days to the One that created them and accomplishing what He sets before each step.

On to the goals!

[January goals] RECAP

verse of the month: Isaiah 43:18-19

"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."


Choosing to have a verse of the month was probably my favorite decision of 2017 thus far. It was so precious and dear to have a piece of God's Word He had revealed to my heart to meditate on and to look to this month. I repeated these words in more days than I didn't and I cherished the ways He confronted my mind and comforted my heart. 

word of the month: surrender

At the time choosing surrender was because I had been convicted and yet still CLUNG to the things I wanted. It was a dangerous grip that blinded me to receiving the wonderful things He had for me. Letting go and letting God is such cliché but in this month a beautiful surrender. I didn't always do well but that wasn't the point! Because I cringe when reading super ambiguous posts about things, the practical ways I did this was by confessing my sin in refusing to change my thinking when my thoughts were turned from Him. Sometimes this was a daily thing, frequently it was a weekly thing. Beyond that I chose to praise Him because He has not brought about the things I have been wanting. 

Random - 


  1. drinking the recommended water for my body everyday of the month. This was almost 100% successful. There was one weekend I wasn't able to and that was ok. I made sure to do so the following Monday! 
  2. Not using my phone after I'm in bed on the nights before work. This was an awesome success! I have replaced my "unwind" need with podcasts and, let me tell you, I can recommend a few good ones! 

What was a good thing that happened this month? 
We pulled off an awesome surprise 16th birthday for my youngest sister and it was so much fun! 

What entertainment was good this month?
The Crown! Oh my gracious! I love that show. 

What Book was great this month?
I've been in Matthew and I have loved reintroducing myself to the person Jesus. See how He loved, responded, was. I think my heart needed to refocus on the one the entirety of Scripture points to and the One the Good News is based in.  

What food was good this month?
I went to the Jewish Food Festival with my sisters and tried Knish! So. yum! 

What did I let go of this month?
  • 5+ lbs
  • the need to workout at a certain time
  • a BUNCH of clothes and this is an ongoing process!
What did I gain this month?
  • a desire to meet my Jesus in the morning
  • an appreciation for water! 
  • a love for tumeric lattés
Ok, new month! 



[February goals]

verse of the month: Matthew 6:25-34


'Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.'"

Word(s) of the month: enjoy and love

Random - 
  1. Spreadin' the love! I'm purposing to reach out to at least one person with some act of intentionality every day. 
  2. Weather and time permitting I'm hoping to put in at least 2 hours of walking a week. I hurt my knee so running is out (for now!) but I want to maintain the walking!
  3. Work up to a minute plank

Happy February and Happy Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment