Sunday, March 13, 2016

comeback by any other name

It has been a crazy few weeks. Thus the complete and total absence from this little ol' blog of mine. I decided to take on a 10 day job that meant 4 extra kiddos. Thankfully my sister and I split the responsibilities because I wouldn't have been able to maintain my full time job, my teaching and tutoring schedule, and them. Over all the week wasn't disastrous. But it did prove to be too much to try to take on a position like that with my current schedule. Throw in there a power surge that ripped through our neighborhood killing our frig, a double ear infection for the youngest, and a 24 hour stomach bug that ripped through two of the kids and myself. Whew! I'm tired thinking about it. Thankful for the opportunity but thankful to have delivered four happy, almost healthy kiddos back to mom and dad was a great feeling after all of that!

I am joining up with Kelly's Korner today for SUYL intros! I am a sucker for her Show Us Your Life posts. I just love reading and connecting with bloggers on varying levels and with similar pleasures.



Today's SUYL is all about intros. So, hello! I'm AH!

I love:
  • my Jesus
  • my family
  • lemon in my water
  • power tools
  • the color yellow
  • pigs
  • the sky right before the sun disappears  
  • roasted veggies
  • and that ugly piece of furniture in the thrift store corner BEGGING to be redone! 


I am frustrated by:
  • my generation
  • this nation
  • my car's check engine light
  • people driving slower than the speed limit. (a fault, I know!)

I believe I am chosen and redeemed by God who sent a sinless savior sent to the world as a baby, lived a sinless life, died on a cross for sins He didn't commit, and rose from the grave to defeat the thing keeping us from Him. 

I don't work a normal 9-5. Never really been my style. I am working on a post to come online this week but the short of it...an 8 hour view just isn't my thing. No judgement to those that love such a position. Instead, I work as a nanny, teach Spanish II, tutor Spanish, participate in our family hand craft business, and hope to begin a furniture upcycle side business of my own! 



Until November I was in a serious relationship. Blindsided by this heartbreak my 2016 days are being forged in a different light than expected. I am daily learning what it means to truly believe my Jesus is my all as I navigate these days as a single lady. 

So, nice to meet you! Grab your favorite sip (my preference is kombucha (working on a post for this as well!) or water!), and follow along as I post through this journey God is walking beside me, my life as a nanny, aunt, sister, and friend, upcycles, crafts, reviews, and more!

Glad you could come! Be sure to say, "hey!"

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love that you enjoy giving furniture makeovers. I think that is so neat. I don't have the eye to see the potential in furniture.

    ReplyDelete