Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Nail Wrap Reviews: Sally Hansen

I was introduced to Jamberry nails last year and was SUPER skeptical. They cannot be that amazing. Actually, they can be! But I wasn't convinced just yet. I wanted to see if all the others out there were as good.

So, I decided to try a few out and see what I thought of them. Here are my reviews.

Now keep in mind two things.

#1 - I work as a nanny and a teacher. I am also a producer for a small artisan company where I am sanding, painting, glueing, etc. These fingers take a beating.

#2 - And, my nails grow crazy fast.

With that, here are my reviews!



Sally Hansen

I discovered this on a Walmart shelf shortly after discovering Jamberry. I decided to grab a box and see what it was all about.

Here are the contents of the box. I believe this was around $8.


It comes with 16 nail wraps, a cuticle pusher, a dual sided nail file/buffer, and instructions. 

I prepared my nails by

  1. trimming them
  2. pushing the cuticles back
  3. and cleaning the nail with rubbing alcohol.


When I applied the sticker I trimmed them in half. I always look for ways to save money. =)
I wish I had taken pictures of the application process. Sorry!

Once they had bonded to my nail I pressed them with a heated rice pack and removed the clear seal that covers the sticks and fine-tuned the edges with the cuticle pusher.

Here are the results. Over all, I was pleased. The one nail was cracking but it was because I removed the clear seal before heat treating it.



{Day 2}



{Day 5}



{Day 13}

They lasted a full two weeks. They probably would have lasted longer but my nails grew too fast and there was too much space between the stick and my nail bed. Yuck! 



Here are my nails right before I removed the stickers. They really lasted well. This was after a trim too! Here are my thoughts on these nail wraps broken up into pros and cons.

Pros:

  • They were easy to apply. I really didn't have any issues. Pretty straight forward and the product itself was easy to use. 
  • They have decent quality. When they were bonded they were harder than plain nail polish and lasted well with my lifestyle.
  • They stayed on my nails. I didn't have to "restick" them or push them back down once. 
Cons:
  • They only have a few designs. Sally Henson may have more but on they shelves at my Walmart why only had two. This one was awesome and I liked it but the other really had no appeal.
  • The sizes are a bit far reaching. I know they are made to fit so many but my nails happen to fit in the middle of the sizes. So, there are several stickers too big and too small for my nails. I can potentially cut them to fit or use them on my toes. Nothing will go to waste! =)
My nail polish is Revlon in the color Naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment