Monday, November 7, 2016

the [almost] missed blessing


You guys, this is the sweetest creature I've ever encountered. She is ever ready with a smile. An amazing sleeper. Great eater. Happy player. Over all an amazing child.


I'm not blinded. I know this child was born with a human nature like the rest of us but gracious this lady baby is such a blessing. A blessing I almost missed.



A blessing the Lord had been preparing for me that I almost didn't get to encounter.


 


A year ago my life was headed in a very different direction. After working for the same family for five years I was on the cusp of marriage which meant moving to the other side of the city. It would have been a foolish move, financially speaking, to continue with this job living where I was going to be. Plus, he didn't want me working as we had hoped to start a family soon after the "I do's."


























Almost a year ago plans changed in the blink of an eye. At the time the only thing I could see was the life that just dissolved in front of me. My heart ached as I watched dreams and plans crumble. But this isn't about that. This story is about almost missing this because at the time the hurt was the only thing I saw and felt.


One day I sat talking to this baby and listening to her giggles and it dawns on me. He's blessing my days by my caring for this child. He sent a bit of joy wrapped up in a little girl. I wouldn't have ever met her had I gone through with what I wanted. Now I get to soak up days of this blessing. They may be long. I may clean up more puke than I care to recall. I can constantly smell baby on me somewhere. She's a pretty big deterrent to single male attention. (haha!) But she is such a blessing. This lady baby. This girl! Such a blessing.


Happy Monday Everyone! Enjoy my happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment