Tuesday, July 12, 2016

#grand.pa.logue June 2016

"Do you accociate with acquaintances that smoke or drink? They would be nasty habits to pick up. So very detrimental to your health. Make sure to keep your distance from those things."

"The sky is just so full of clouds. I've never seen it so full."

Arriving home from an outing I reminded him to be sure to unbuckle. Told him he wouldn't get very far. Through chuckles he replies, "I would have to take the whole car with me."

"Look at all the different kinds of clouds in the sky. I have never seen so many going this way and that."

"How many years have you owned your vehicle? You best be sure to have it services before too much time passes."

"Look at those clouds. They are simply amazing." 

"Do you remember when I would take a piece of grass between my fingers and whistle with it?"

"I declare! Look at the clouds. Look at how many there are." 

"How old are you?"
"26"
"26?! That's a fine age."

*weighted parental huff* "NOW which one of the children have the car?" 

"Are you married? Do you mind me asking, do you want to be married?"

"What line of work does your daddy do?" x1000000000

"Do you have brothers?"
"No sir."
"Sisters?"
"Yes sir! Four!"
"Four? I declare!"

2 comments:

  1. When my dad was dying and he held newborn Wilson in his arms, I could not help but compare their sameness. From their helplessness to their bald heads to how much I loved them both. Your notes remind me of notes I have made about my toddlers and things they say. Praying God gives you grace as you care for your grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started jotting them down about a week or two in and I realized that I didn't want to forget them. He keeps me on my toes and can make a mess of just about anything but I wouldn't trade these days for anything. I wish more than anything that we could spend a day know who exactly each other is but since I know that won't be the case this side of eternity I'm thankful for the days to be with him, building memories I will carry with me until I can no longer remember! =)

      Delete