Thursday, June 30, 2016

Update!

I have written this post and erased it four times. Not sure why. Honestly, blogging seems to take somewhat of a therapeutic role for me. I love to do it...when it seems like it needs to be done. But then I'm left with a choppy, inconsistent, hullabaloo of a blog that didn't ask to be so disheveled, but it is. 

I have several posts in the works but keeping myself focused on this one for the time being. I feel like an update in general is in order before I post another blooming thing! In my efforts to make this less list style and more free flow I have scrubbed the mission four times. FOUR. 

So. Here we are. 

We will do our best not to make this so categorical but I make no promises. 

At the start of the year I explained that financially I was struggling to make ends meet. This year was met with some unexpected difficulties, coupled with being 26 and taking on my own insurance (auto and health) it made for a mess. But God. Why am I always surprised? 

He provided a job that I mentioned in this post that lasted a time. It covered the bases I needed and then God allowed some great rest. Thank you Jesus. I was able to enjoy the last month or so of Cam's school year with just him. No other distractions. I loved picking him up from school and doing life with him. At the end of April we welcomed his baby sister! I've already had the chance to spend some days with her. Just the sweetest little lady. Can't wait to watch her grow, just like her brother. While Cam is in school this fall it will just be the two of us. Not sure how I feel about him going to school just yet but I'm thankful for the this little lady to keep my company. For the summer I have them one day a week. We are hitting up the pool, splash parks, libraries, etc. Just enjoying our summer! 





By way of other work I knew that one day a week wasn't going to cut it this year. I've worked through some bitterness that last year was my last summer of freedom and it was flitted away like it was but in my learning to enjoy God I am learning to enjoy what He's brought me through. Including my summers taking a different shape from here on out. So, back to work. Whew, bunny trail! My grandfather's dementia has taken some liberal advances lately. What a wretched disease, dementia. Such yuckiness. Long story short, he needs care. My dad, aunt, and uncle were bearing the load and finally decided to bring some others onto the team to provide 24 hour care for him and my grandmother. After lots of thoughts and about a day or prayer I put in to take up some shifts. It was met with a unanimous yes. I started the beginning of June and it will carry me through the summer. Plus, it allots lots of time with my grandparents. Hearing stories, playing games, taking shopping trips and walks, doing exactly one load of laundry a week, watching the price is right, and answering the same questions about 534 times a day with as much grace as if it was the first. Such a blessings wrapped in a messy package.



In late February I made the decision to return to church. I had made the choice to respect his decision by avoiding coming back to church. I started attending with my parents and through a parched, lonely existence I came to understand just what the Body is supposed to look like. That meant doing life together. When I realized that I was attending one church and doing life with another I knew that God was gently pulling me back. It has been so refreshing and confirming to be in worship with this body again. I have been getting involved with a community group which is a huge praise. 

This fall is shaping up to be a bit different than normal. My parent's latest business adventure will have them out for most of the day along with one of my sisters. That leaves the house to me and Bean. She will be in tenth grade and so her schooling will simple on my part. Honestly, I'm looking forward to having the house to run. It's what I've been wanting for years. Will it be mind? No. But I can run it as if it was. 

Spanish is looking a little different this year too. I will transition from my classes and into almost full time tutoring. I have one Skype student and will begin and in person student with a more structured lesson plan in the school year. I have entertained the idea of going back to school to actually get a Spanish degree and really giving my students the best of my language abilities. We will see. 

As far as blogging goes, I have been contemplating what I want this space to be. If anything I know know what I don't want it to be. I don't want it to be a place of falsehoods and fakeness. I don't want this to be a snapshot of my successes and things I want you to see. I want it to be real and purposeful. 

I have been mulling over the first question of the Westminster Shorter Catechism. What is the chief end of man? To glorify God and enjoy Him forever. [source] I think for this coming time in my life I want that to be my main motive. Are the activities I'm involved in glorifying and enjoying me or the Father? I desire to be purposeful in how I am enjoying and glorifying Him. 

So there is my update! To any readers out there, thank you for joining me in this journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment