Monday, June 20, 2016

the touches of this world

I had a whole post worked up. It was lengthy. Wordy. Full. But went no where. 


You have turned my mourning into dancing for me;You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.Psalm 30:11-12




Lately I feel this verse heavy on my heart. Why heavy you ask? Because I am praying, yearning, longing for this mourning to become dancing. Not mine. But those around me. The fingers of this world have impacted the world around me this week. From a mass shooting some 700 miles away all the way to a funeral I am going to attend Thursday for a baby I will never meet...neither will his parents. 

There are so many cliche thoughts and expressions right now and all of them seem to mist a fire. 

Ghost Ship did a song a little bit ago titled Where Were You. This song is lifted from Job and deals in a very real way with the bigness of God and yet His attention to detail. He's put the world in motion. He's aware of our pain. And as much as our little storms swirl around us, He made us. He knows. 

So right now, there is a lot of mourning. And I'm praying for dancing. I know that our dancing will be minimal until in the presence of the One who created dancing. But just the same. The giver of good gifts. The source of joy Himself is more than able to make our tears into praise. 

My words aren't enough. I can't put them together. I am so thankful for the groaning too deep for words that is going before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment