Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring Break in DC

Last week I escaped to the city to spend Spring Break with my sister and her kids! It has been just shy of 3 years since my last trip with that much length took place. It was high time I spend some with them like that! 

We hiked along the Potomac and the day could have have been more beautiful. The weather was mild enough that we weren't dripping in sweat but we didn't need endless layers either. Bright blue skies and warm yellow sunshine. Glorious. 


Risk-taking nephew!

River side boys

This was about .47 seconds before he took off running towards me because the birds were coming after him!


We made it to the Falls! Next to beautifully painted skies, waterfalls are my favorite of His creations. What a neat way to see the immense'ness of Him. It is a spot where I stand amazed.

Sweet baby girl!

And of course I am a huge flower fan...I mean, really!
This park is also home to a large population of protected Blue Bells. They were covering the ground along the hike path. It was such a neat and pretty touch of blue all over the place.
The next day we went on a different hike...a hike of the city! I love this city! There is something so patriotic about DC. I think I wouldn't mind living closer to DC at some point in my life but for now the 2 hours it takes to get there makes frequent trips a possibility!


Total fan-girl moment in the Smithsonian for American History. This was in the history of transportation and the time period was for the 50's. Not only am I a huge fan of the 50's but it is also when my favorite show of. all. time. is based, Call the Midwife. They have buses like this in the shows frequently and I felt like I was in an episode...kind of! =)

Cooking bros!

Sad about leaving the kitchen set in the Smithsonian

Cherry Blossoms!

Let me tell you about this kid...never mind, just look at this kid! He doesn't lack personality at all. He is spunky, creative, and has a heart that is massive. Oh my auntie heart jumps when I see his sweetness come out. And I may have put him up to this! ;)

It was a great week spending time with them. I love my family and value any time I spend with them but its weeks like this that make me wish we all lived so much closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment