Friday, April 1, 2016

#DADIM16 [a look back]

For the last four or five years I have participated in a challenge every May with ladies all across the globe! It is a time to pack away the pants, shut up the shorts, and cut out the capris. For 31 days we dress in only skirts and dresses and encourage each other daily as we try out different looks.

For me, participating has always brought about a re-connection with my feminine self. I think that over all I dress with a girly look but this month is a time to really focus on being a girl in my outfits. In a world where the lines between boy and girl are so blurred that taking on my gender proudly and wearing it on my sleeves (so to speak) is great fun!

Every year my excitement builds a lot sooner than the year before. This year I have been wanting #dadim to come starting when the weather warmed a couple weeks ago. Sigh, I must wait another month! But, one month from today will be day one of #dadim and I couldn't be more excited!

I thought leading up to May 1st we would get some segments to get us in the mood...I'm already there. This is just appeasing me. ;)

So, for day one of #dadim prep school I thought we would take a look back on my favorite Dress a Day looks.


 Simple maxis and cards! The best and easiest look!


Dressy, yet fun and playful! This dress will absolutely make it's way back this year!


More maxi looks! 


Comfy maxi with a denim jacket to throw you off my comfy trail! 


Sheesh! I really like maxis! What can I say? So much ease, so much cute, so much yes! 



This probably has to be my favorite look of last year! Comfy and cute! And my nails matched...like really!

Coming up in our countdown to #dadim :

April 8th - Dress a Day Goals
April 15th - Why I don't wear dresses all the time
April 22nd - Purchases made for Dress a Day
April 29th - Dress a Day outfit planning

If you want to participate, let me know! I'll get you connected to the Facebook group! Follow along on the blog and instagram with the #dadim!

No comments:

Post a Comment