Friday, February 26, 2016

26

Sorry for the blogging hiatus. It was purely unintentional. Just got caught up on life! 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday was my birthday and in this family birthdays are no joke! We go all out to celebrate the birthday person with fanfare, favorites, and fun. It is never short on blessings and love. 

I had been struggling with this birthday for a while. Oddly enough, not because of the events of this year. I think in general I was being too self-centered about being where I am, turning 26 and feeling like I'm waffling. I didn't want to turn 26. It marked a day closer to 30 and further from 20. I had officially crossed the line of the first factor on the way to 100. I was well on my way to adultier adulthood. This body clock you have just keeps ticking. Your days come and go and every moment is one gone and welcoming another whether you are ready for it or not. 

However, my God saw past my selfishness and provided such gifts from my family. The ones I hold dearer to my heart weren't tied up in pretty paper and string. They weren't decorated with icing and lit on fire to commence celebratory singing. They were the people that surrounded me. The volume these four walls held. The babies babbling on the floor. The kiddos helping unwrap. The siblings chatting and joking. The parents silently taking it all in. The jokes. The late night chats. The crowded spaces. The messy tables, sticky walls, toy covered floors. These gifts, they are the ones I hold so very close.


Bean decided to decorate my packages in her original quotes. Inspirational much? 


My parents gave me a lens for my iPhone! Yes, it's a thing and it's awesome!! 


My dad had flowers delivered to my door. What a beautiful and precious gift. Sunflowers are my favorite and he knows all too well how to speak to my heart. His gift meant more than a bucket of flowers, as beautiful as they are. It was a vibrant, bright display of the cherishing I know well. The love and treasuring I un-mistakingly missed in my past relationship.  


These precious people that fill my days with noise and crazy. I just love it. 


These precious babes. Oh I heart them! They go with the flow of this crazy family. 

So friends, my wallowing, self-centered, obnoxiously me-focused mentality had no place in this celebration. This 30+ hours of blessing and joy didn't care for any other members of the grumpy kind. I am loved. Not only by my Savior but by the gifts He has gifted me with. 

I still can't say I'm thrilled about being 26. But I am thankful to be me. I am thankful to have the people I have and the life I do. 

Happy Birthday to me! Bring it on year 27! 

No comments:

Post a Comment