Tuesday, January 19, 2016

how much?

Question: How much more can my heart take?

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29

You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? Psalm 56:8

...I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. Behold, I will heal you...2 Kings 20:5

He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken. Isaiah 25:8

for the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory. Deuteronomy 20:4

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Death is swallowed up in victory. 1 Corinthians 15:54

Answer: Not a bit. I end before I even begin. The only way I've been able to take a step has been in the power of the cross and the victory it brings. Take heart, my reading friend, in what the Lord is doing in your life. Stay soft in the Potter's hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment