Thursday, July 21, 2016

grad.u.ate

Three years ago I sat in a hospital waiting room waiting for a friend in surgery. This child sat with me. She sat with me because on the same day as the surgery she and I had to start our first day of school. Our makeshift class room that day sprouted the following academic years into a full grown student-teacher relationship...only deeper.

Early last month she graduated. My eyes welled up with tears as she practiced, yes practiced, walking for her diploma. She accomplished in three years what seemed insurmountable. It was an adventure worth taking and I wouldn't trade a moment of it.

She graduated through a local homeschool group. It was formally set up so the parents (educators) were a part of the ceremony. I was able to hand her the diploma personally and it was awesome!



My graduate walking in!

A fun surprise was that the commencement speaker lined up for this ceremony was my brother-in-law. This decision wasn't made when I registered her to graduate but it was a neat added bonus! He did SUCH a fantastic job! You can read his speech here


photo credit


Almost all of her siblings, nieces and nephews, and cousins were able to make it. I was so thankful she had such a large cheering section! 


The graduate and her momma.


The graduate and I! 

Gracious I love this girl! So thankful these years were what they were! We've been through it, she and I. So very thankful for this journey and excited what God has next for both of us! Praying for you lady! I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment